Why I am getting Username/Password when I click on ReferenceUSA from my library’s website?
If you have Norton Internet Security, the Privacy Control is most-likely blocking the content of ReferenceUSA, as a result taking you to the Username/Password page. The instructions below are for Norton Internet Security 2004.
Note: These instructions are only for the 2004 edition of Norton Internet Security, if you have a different edition of the product we suggest visiting the Symantec website at http://www.symantec.com/index.htm for their web support.
|NOTICE: This fix is offered strictly “as-is”. Use at your own risk.
1. Right-click on your Norton Internet Security icon in your system tray and select Norton Internet Security, or double click on the desktop icon.
2. Click the Privacy Control row, and then click the gold Configure button on the right.
3. Click on the Advanced button.
4. Click the add Site button.
5. Enter www.referenceusa.com . Click the OK button.
6. On the Global Settings tab on the right-hand side, find “Information about visited sites” and UNCHECK the “Use default settings” entry. Click the Permit radio button.
7. Click OK on of the Advanced Window, and then click OK on the Norton Internet Security Window. You shouldn’t experience further issues.
If this does not resolve the remote access issue, please contact the ReferenceUSA helpline at 1-800-808-1113.