Mason Public Library invites reliable teens who:
- have completed 6th-12th grade,
- have a Mason Public Library Card,
- submit parent-signed volunteer waivers at the training meeting,
- and attend a mandatory Training Session: 5/13/17 afternoon or 5/23/17 evening.
to assist with our Summer Reading Program during June, July, and early August.
Registration is completely online and opens April 10 at 11:30a.m. It remains open until 100 teens sign up. Click here to register.
IMPORTANT: If you just finished 6th grade, DON’T give us your Mason school email or use it with SignUpGenius or Remind. The school still blocks these until you start 7th grade in August 🙁 Use a different email or you won’t receive your reminders. This only applies to graduating Mason Intermediate 6th graders.
Training Meeting: You must attend one meeting: 5/13/17 at either 2 or 3:30p.m. or 5/22/17 6p.m. Bring your parent-signed release form and a blank service hour form if you are tracking hours for a particular organization. You will be added to our Summer Remind group at that time, practice Online Scheduling with SignUpGenius, discuss Volunteer Expectations, and learn our Shelving rules.
Teen Volunteer Release
What Summer Volunteers do:
- Library Volunteers divide their 2 hour shifts between helping children with summer reading prizes and shelving children’s books and movies and doing other light tasks to free our staff to keep up with the summer crowds. Library volunteer shifts are located at the Mason Public Library.
- Program Volunteers help us with setup and cleanup, with activities, crafts, and crowd management. Most shifts will be located at the Mason Community Center rather than the library. Only Monday shifts will be located at the Mason Public Library.
- Shelving Volunteers help after Summer Reading is over by shelving children’s books and movies and doing other light tasks to free our staff to keep up with the summer crowds. You won’t be awarding prizes. You might also do a bit of craft prep to help us get ready for fall story times. Shelving Volunteer shifts are located at the Mason Public Library.
Scheduling Volunteer Shifts:
You will need text or email and online access to schedule your shifts. You will schedule yourself online for June, July, and August on these dates: 5/22, 6/19, and 7/17 respectively. We will send the links via Remind at 7:30p.m. EDT.
Scheduling will be online via SignUpGenius and first come, first served. Your link will be sent via Remind.
- The June signup link will be sent on 5/22/17 at 7:30p.m.
- The July signup link will be sent on 6/19/17 at 7:30p.m.
- The August signup link will be sent on 7/17/17 at 7:30p.m.
2017 Planning Calendar: Print this and use it to plan your wish list. Cross out shifts where you aren’t available (vacations, no ride to the library, band camp or sports, etc.) Have this with you when registration starts because it moves quickly!
We cannot guarantee that the available shifts will fit your schedule. We cannot guarantee a specific number of hours. If you miss habitually, you will be forfeit all remaining volunteer shifts.
Please contact Ms. Cheryl at Cheryl.email@example.com with any questions.