Teen Homework Help
Online tutoring available at masonpl.org
Students who need homework help now can get exactly that – HelpNow – online. HelpNow is an online academic support service from Brainfuse, available 24/7 at the Mason Public Library website. It features an extensive library of lessons, video tutorials and practice tests, as well as live, on-demand, one-on-one tutoring.
Learners of any age have access to an extensive library of lessons, video tutorials, and practice tests that are available 24/7 from HelpNow. Live tutoring assistance can be accessed by clicking the “Get Live Help” button during tutoring hours, 2:00 – 11:00 p.m. seven days a week.
Especially useful for middle and high schoolers who are proficient in online interaction, HelpNow tutors guide students through homework challenges and help them develop the necessary skills to complete assignments on their own. Tutors help users master core academic skills through state-aligned lessons, including the Common Core.
HelpNow provides unique services for each of the three main sources of learning—expert instruction, peer-to-peer collaboration, and independent study in these general subject areas:
- Math, including Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Calculus
- Science, including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Earth Science
- Social Studies, including US History, and World History
- English/Language Arts
- Writing Assistance
- Reading Comprehension/Grammar/Vocabulary Skills Building
- English Literature
- Spanish Language Help
HelpNow is accessible anywhere there is an internet connection. Users need a Mason Public Library card and PIN.
For additional test preparation, explore:
- Learning Express Library Practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, and the information you need to achieve the results you want—at school, at work, or in life. Looking to land a job? You’ll find an entire Learning Center dedicated to helping you get the one that’s right for you.
- SAT Prep by Khan Academy
- DMV Practice Driving Tests – Whether you want to study for an auto, motorcycle or CMD license, Driving-Test.org has you covered! They have partnered with the Mason Public Library to provide you with free access to over 25 different practice tests.
Credo Reference – Credo is an easy-to-use tool for research projects and homework. Search in hundreds of encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauri, quotations, and subject-specific titles, as well as 200,000+ images and audio files, and nearly 100 videos. Credo Remote Use (Simply enter your Mason Public Library card number in the Library login box)
Reliable Websites for Help in All Subjects!
- Digital Public Library of AmericaPrimary Sources:
- All Subjects: Awesome Library
- All Subjects: Library of Congress Databases
- some Ohio Primary Source sets: Ohio Digital Network
- Ohio Department of Education: Testing
Study Guides for All Subjects
- Spark Notes: SparkNotes.com
May be read online for free and include review test
that may be used online for free as well